Wednesday, October 5

New Directions ...

Hello again all,

It's been an interesting few weeks, I promised to come back this week ... and even that got bumped ... kinda like things that go bump in the night. It's really been like that a bit ... things coming out of nowhere that have been really impacting me and my thinking.

What's most interesting is how subtle it's been. We're not talking about major life changing revelations that rocked me with their intensity, but really more like the subtle shifting of a house coming to rest on new soil so that over time it's no longer in the original position that it was built in. This realization is more startling than the process. The process is so slow from the inside that it's almost imperceptible. Yet I imagiine on the outside it's more like watching my daughter grow. When I'm around town I don't see it. Then I go away for a week or two to deliver trainings or work with clients and I come home and it's obvious how much she's grown.

The fundamental trail I've been going down and sharing with you is one of social ontology. The idea that we co-create reality together. That your perception of reality is formed in relation to what you know based upon input from and later with others. Than this reality is shaped further as you roll it around inside, having your subjective perceptions about your inter-subjective experiences, and you put it out again in interaction with others.

This is where I kind of left off to go inside myself. However, what I found of course in keeping with what I've been saying (maybe mostly to myself) is that you can never really be alone, even on the inside. The startling experience was when I realized that the more "alone" I became - i.e.: the quieter I've learned to be the more the experience of being with and in relation to other becomes prominent. It's literally as though the more quiet I become the more room there is to experience other.

Now I know this might seem obvious now that I've said it. That "OF COURSE!" when you get quiet inside there's more room to notice what's going on with others. And that's part of it, that's true as far as I can tell from my perceptions of it all. However, I'm also saying that when I get quieter on the inside that there's more experience of other and being in relation to other even when I am physically still alone. I am somehow MORE CONNECTED to the rest of the planet, and especially so others of my kind, when I'm most quiet inside.

Now by quiet what I mean is "settled" ... at peace, still and clear. The experience is like the "quieting" I'd refer to if I were watching an infant fall asleep in it's mother's or father's arms and then lie still sleeping. In this particular state I suggest there is a reconnect with where it's already been ... where it's come from. I could say that like this the child is remembering G-d.

And in my own quiet I'm coming to know this sense of things, and it seems to expand, not contract. That is it is an experience of going beyond the boundaries of myself and sensing the world as a totality. I too experience G-d like this and it's not just an external entity ... I am a part of this totality ... as much a part as the whole. This is a massive resolution of the experience for me. Not something new by the way, just newly articulated.

So I go back ... what is the "social ontology" I have been referencing. It is the training ground for this experience of totality. It is what is beyond separation, beyond the fall from grace ... to a renewed grace. To the direct sensing of other at all times and operating in relation to the whole-form movement, Bohm's "holomovement" if you will, in each act. Instead of simply building a respondability in relation to a deep sensing of other, building an ability to call into being what is not yet fully formed in an extant, manifest way. What resides as only potential in a parallel dimension where all possibility resides.

What I propose it is possible to awaken to and towards is an intentionality that draws into being from the vastness of all possibility that which best serves the system as a whole but overriding the individuality of personal (i.e.: subjective) experience and acting only in regard to the larger form. This kind of intentionality is massive ... much larger than desire or wanting ... it is a calling into being a way of being for the whole of humankind ... and in turn that which we reside within, including the unfolding of the planet as it too moves through the cosmos.

The "old" stories and myths had the instruction set for those peoples regarding how specifically to do this ... Australian Aboriginal "Dreamtime," Native American "Rain Dance" European Pagan "Wyrd Rites" Nordic "Runes" African "Witch Doctors" ... these are but examples. And they all reside in a Graves "Two" worldview - a socio-bio-cultural model of the world steeped in magic and mystery. The only ties were blood and place ... tribal. This view is still sought by some ... reckon the new Discovery Channel program, "Going Tribal" by example. Or those "practicing" these old ways on the side of their "modern" lives. Yet this is not the world we live in today ... these are in fact old instruction sets ... and while they may work and even work well they do not allow for the evolution that has already occured elsewhere.

The dominant myth has become "Science" and we'll address that one at some time ... I've actually addressed it in part before. Now however is not the time for that posting.

Yet what I propose is a "new" mythology, a set of instructions, stories and myths that are beyond either "magic and mystery" or "science." The "new" mythology is much more systemic and synthetic than that of science ... it draws down the whole-form of the system without dissection and separation. It in essence revitalizes G-d, but not the monotheistic G-d "out there" waiting for us to do good or evil. Rather this is the G-d that permeats all things, that is all things, that is you and I. This is the G-d of consciousness that imbues the world with life.

By now I recognize I may be fully "out there" for many or maybe even all of you. That this is now no longer "social ontology" in any way, shape or form to which you can relate. Yet I propose it's not so far away as you may think. That you actually do know and recognize to what I point. That you have had those moments where you called into being an experience that hadn't happened yet from this kind of massive intentionality ... and you knew in that moment at least that you were tapped into something larger, much larger, than yourself. This experience is what I am referring to as "meeting and being with G-d." It is the direct realization of the G-d within becoming present and therefore becoming present to the G-d with-out as well. To residing at the center of the system. This is the next evolution beyond magic and science ... to realization and a massive communal intentionality ... one I propose that is expressing itself on the planet even as you read these words. One that will leave no prisoners in its wake ... it will be a force of overwhelming propotions when it comes of age ... and I am urgently suggesting that you consider looking around at who is coming of age and noticing what they are noticing for and how.

Those who are compelled by the old models ... magic, hoping to "control" their personal worlds by limiting how the world "out there" will effect them, or science, hoping to get to the source code by breaking it down and shifting through it's parts (take the massive effort of the "human genome" project - let's see where that one leads us) to control the world "out there" ... will become extinct. What I'm proposing is that only those who are prepared to let go of the model of separation that is at the core of these older forms ... the individual forms of existence that have been at the core of humankind since it's emergence ... will survive and prosper in a new world coming to pass.

This is not a psuedo-magical world, but a world of massive interconnection and the realization of inter-dependency. This is way, way beyond recycling and sustainability ... those are Graves five and six solutions ... and it's way too late for those now. We're talking about a quantum shift outside of the existing paradigms ... all of them to a a Graves seven and eight postion for the planet. I'll come back to what I think this means soon ...

Yet what I will close with for now is the offer to substantiate some of my claims made above. To demonstrate evidentially, NOT SCIENTIFICALLY, BUT EVIDENTIALLY ... that there is a movemment afoot to a global realization of the evolution of the species to a new level of being. A consciousness that is becoming more and more intertwined is gripping the planet ... and we as a species are becoming more and more open to it. This is not a new or original proposition, rather what is new is the means of access to the propositions that have already been made and already well presented by others. And, if these proposistions are correct than those who can and do make this leap will be the best prepared to usher in this new consciousness for the species and the planet ... I welcome you aboard for the insight and the journey.

Best regards from somewhere in deepest, darkest NJ,

Joseph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's look at the concept of who we are in the universe. If you had a giant microscope, and zoomed inside your body. Down, into the tissue, then smaller to the cellular level, then smaller, still zooming in, to the molecular level, and then still deeper and smaller to the atomic level, down...down to the sub-atomic level....until what you get are merely emanations, that flicker in and out of perception.

Now imagine that what you see at this level, is different, depending on your point of reference. The emanations spring forth from emptiness, or G-d if you like.

This emptiness, infinite nothingness, is the source of all that exists, on this atomic level. It is the provider of all, including thought, because afterall, that which stimulates our brain, is an interaction of molecule, interacting with molecule, to produce a perception, based on a point of reference, to formulate, belief, knowledge, response.

So, yes, if we get very quiet inside, as in meditation, we can begin to perceivethis interconnetedness, this knowing perhaps what is next, and where we fit in the picture, or how to work an outcome.

Get in rapport with this force of inter-subjectivity as Joseph like to describe it, as represented by the data you are receiving from both outside, and inside, and find the tipping point, to transform your experience.