Wednesday, August 18

Blogging On ...



The most thing evident this afternoon in New Jersey seems to me to be how utterly self-absorbed I am most of the time. I mean I almost never get out of thinking about the world the way I think about it. Now while this may seem utterly obvious to most of you ... it nonetheless holds great relevance to me ... not an epiphany exactly ... but more like an "Uh-huh ..." as opposed to an "Ah-ha!" No exclamation, just a nice realization ...


A certain quiet can be found at the center of this realization ... like I don't have to do anything about it ... and I'm glad I know it anyway. I'm glad that I am more and more becoming ... aware ... of how utterly self-absorbed I am. Here at the center of my Universe ... looking out into the world that surrounds and contains me ... I only perceive what I already know/believe to be there already. And the most magnificent aspect of this realization ... the aspect that comes closest to an "Ah-ha!" experience by far ... the aspect that allows me to realize that you are as self-absorbed as I am! That you perceive your world as uniquely as I perceive my own. There you are sitting at the center of your universe ... staring at me sitting at the center of mine ... staring at you. Cool, eh?


I know this probably doesn't amount to a new revelation for most of you ... having already contemplated as you have the nature of 'Being' and the subjective experience of 'Self' ... contained in the ungoing unfolding of your lives. However, the immediacy of it never fails catch me totally by surprise ... and yet by no surprise at all.


Be back soon …


That’s all … until next time,


Joseph Riggio

No comments: